Do I need Public Liability insurance?
Public liability insurance covers the cost of claims made by members of the public for incidents that may occur in connection with your business activities. Public liability insurance covers the cost of compensation for:
- personal injuries
- loss of property or damage to property
Whilst policies will vary slightly from insurer to insurer, most public liability policies cover you for:
- incidents which occur on your business premises
- incidents which occur off-site, at events or activities organised by your company
Do I need it?
It is important you consider public liability insurance if:
- you own business premises that members of the public, customers or clients visit
- your business organises off-site events or activities which are attended by members of the public
- you run a business from your home and people visit your home for professional purposes
Public liability insurance covers anyone, aside from employees, with whom you interact in the course of your business operations, people such as:
- visitors to your business
- those taking part in events / activities you have organised
- those watching events / activities you have organised
Please note that public liability insurance does not cover employees, temporary staff, students or people on work placements – this would be covered under your Employers' Liability Policy.
You can buy public liability insurance from us or any other broker, as well as directly from insurers with the cost of your premium usually being based upon:
- the nature of your business
- the number of people you employ
- your insurance claims history
For more information call us on 01633 213063 or email us using the form below: